TV Insurance – Protect your TV by taking out television insurance
- Your policy includes accidental and liquid damage cover: We’ll pay any repair costs if your TV is damaged as a result of an accident.
- Includes Theft cover: If your TV is stolen we will replace it
- Worldwide Cover for your TV: Wherever you go, it’s good to know that worldwide cover is included as standard.
- Get covered today from £5.99 a month
Standalone TV insurance
Since your normal, standard home contents insurance policy is likely to cover the risk of accidental damage to your television, you might think there is no need to arrange TV insurance specifically for this common household item. Here are just a few reasons why standalone insurance – that covers just your television alone – is well worth considering:
- although your home contents insurance package is likely to include the theft of or damage to your TV, claims under such policies typically come with a fairly hefty excess charge (the first part of any claim that you need to pay for yourself). Individual, standalone TV insurance generally incurs a much smaller excess;
- TV insurance can be arranged quickly, easily and very cheaply – especially if you’re buying online through a site like Smart Gadget Insurance;
- it is generally reckoned that many people are seriously under-insured when it comes to their home contents insurance (the sums insured are insufficient to cover the replacement value of the items covered). When arranging specific TV insurance, you know just how much you spent on your TV, how much it would cost to replace and the amount of cover, therefore, that you need.
In a word, therefore, TV insurance could help you ensure that you are fully covered if your television should be damaged, stolen or suffers a break down outside the terms of the maker’s normal warranty.